Welcome to the Prisoner Cell Block H and Wentworth WikiEdit
Prisoner: Cell Block H (originally titled Prisoner in Australia)  screened from 27 February 1979 to 11 December 1986, created by Reg Watson  produced by The Reg Grundy Organisation  and screened on Network Ten, originally conceived under the working title of Women in Prison and Women Behind Bars, the series was set in the fictional women's prison, the "Wentworth Detention Centre". Since its original airing, it has been shown in re-runs and has picked up a huge cult following overseas, including the USA, UK and Sweden and new generations of fans keep getting hooked on the storyline's many which are still quite relevant today.
The Prisoner Cell Block H and Wentworth Wiki features articles for the original Prisoner series and its 2010s remake, Wentworth.
Click on the buttons below to check out the Main Categories
- The show was originally going to be only 16 episodes but ended up being 692 episodes due to its popularity.
- Some of the actors and actresses had more than one role in the show (e.g, Anne Phelan  Officer Mason and, dopey inmate Bernadette and her famous role as Myra Desmond, who was the second longest running top dog and former PRG).
- The APM song Fear 1 from the show was used in two episodes of the famous Nickelodeon Cartoon Spongebob Squarepants 
- American entertainer Sammy Davis Jr a fan of the show and visited the show at Grundy Studios to meet the cast including his favourite actress on the show Maggie Kirkpatrick, her character nicknamed The Freak. Davis arriving in a helicopter even offered to make an appearance on the show but the series ended before it could be arranged.
- The girl who played Bea's daughter in a flashback scene is Val Lehman's daughter Cassandra, and the girl who played Yvonne, who refuged Bea in her first escape is also her real-life daughter Joanne.
- Vera "Vinegar Tits" Bennett was one of the big roles to choose from in the series as Val Lehman and Maggie Kirkpatrick both auditioned for the role.
Featured Screw, Inmate & Governor Edit
Louise Jane Kelly was an inmate who appeared from episode 333-616, she was a vicious prison thug perhaps the most violent agitator in H Block.
Joan "The Freak" Ferguson (born 21st December) (Episodes 287-692) is an intelligent lesbian officer best known for her controversial "frisk" search and her black leather gloves. Her final appearance on Prisoner shows her being led away to prison in Western Australia where she is less known for her own safety.
Joan Ferguson was a towering, thickset, dark-haired prison officer whose contribution to the prison service could only be described as unique an iminitable
Erica Davidson was the first governor of Wentworth, preceding Ann Reynolds. She appeared from Episodes 001 - 360, 424-428, 451-454.